About The Teacher
Over 47 years Martial Arts Experience
There are so many good reasons to join our school. We believe that martial arts are a gateway to improving your life in so many ways. Some arrive at our studio in search of developing confidence, physical fitness and street smarts. Others are looking to generate a sense of courage and self-protection.
There are even those that are drawn to this art form due to their love of the culture and tradition that it embodies. Whatever your motivation, you will discover an inspiring world of self-transformation. Join us! You will be so grateful you did.
About The Teacher:
I have decades of martial arts experience. I started Kodokan Judo when i was about 10 years old and kept learning other martial arts since that time. It has always been my passion to learn more combat knowledge and then group and share the practical techniques with others who want to learn. When I learn martial arts, I always try and seek those other instructors that are the best in their field so what I learn is from the source and not someones senseless made up martial arts system. I also enjoy fitness and am a certified Personal Trainer. I enjoy teaching and instruct in a relaxed safe atmosphere. Egos are left at the door and i expect you to be courteous and train safely with other students.
Below are some of the Combat Arts I have had instruction in. Over time I have further instruction in other arts such as:
Japanese, Korean, Chinese Karate. Kenjutsu, American Martial Arts, Jeet Kune Do, Tang Soo Do, Filipino Martial Arts, Police Defense Tactics, Wing Tsun, Wing Chun, Iron Palm, Pekiti Tirsia, Asian Kickboxing, Hapkido, Combat Hapkido, Arnis, Wong Hop Loong Chuan, Authentic Indonesian Silat, etc.
* Kodokan Judo (Mother Art of Brazilian jiu-jitsu) 1977
* Certifed Black Belt in the World Tae Kwon Do Federation, Kuk Ki Won Korea, Korean Tae Kwon Do Association, United States Tae Kwon Do Associaton Certified by Grandmaster Richard Chun, became a Black Belt Member of the Richard Chun Training Center in New York (1988) Headed by 10th Dan International Grandmaster, Olympic USA Head Coach, Senior Olympic Referee and author Richard Chun. Also Certified World Oo Do Kwan by Grandmaster J. Lim (1986).
* Vice-Pres. of College University Karate Team (1989)
* Trained in traditional Japanese Kenjutsu (Original Japanese Sword Combat)
* Trained with the Late Remi Presas in Arnis, The Father of Filipino Modern Arnis and the man who finally got the Philippine Government to recognize Arnis as the National Sport of the Philippines(1995)
* Apprentice Teacher in Jeet Kune Do/Filipino Martial Arts (Combative Arts Acad. & WJKD Federation) 1995
* Certified Police Defensive Tactics Teacher and taught defensive tactics/use of force part time for two years at the state police academy
* Developed and instructed personal safety class for staff inservice at the largest state prison
* Former Oregon and Idaho Director of the International Combat Hapkido Federation
* Instructed Kickboxing Classes in various towns
* Article about my kickboxing classes in the State Newspaper
* Certified Shooto Full Contact MMA Teacher
* Certified NRA Pistol Instructor & Range Safety Officer
* Certified Personal Fitness Trainer (NASM)
* Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Specialist (NASM)
* Certified Sports Performance Enhancemnt Specilist (NASM)
* Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer, Persons with Disabilities (ACSM)
* Certified Knife Expert, Red Warrior Native American Knife Fighting
* Pekiti Tirsia Kali Filipino Martial Arts Representative (PTKWF)
* Certified Pekiti Tirsia Kali Guro (Teacher) in Pekiti Tirsia Tactical Assoc.
* Certified 3rd Level Wing Chun Sifu (Teacher) Ip Man Wing Chun
* Certified Baraw Sugbo Teacher in Cebu Philippines
* Certified Muay Thai Fitness Teacher
* Certified Muay Thai Kru (Teacher) in Thailand
* Completed On Combat Course, Lieutenant Colonel Dave Grossman
* Certified Defensive Tactics Teacher for Law Enforcement Krav Maga
* Other Certifications and Ranks in Arts Not Listed
* Certified Sports Hypnotist
A.S. Criminal Justice
B.A. Physiological Psychology
Basic & Intermed. Corrections Officer Certification
Over 30 Years working inside a Prison
I have had the distinct priviledge of training with some of the most respected masters in the world in their systems and I am grateful for the knowledge they have passed to me and always give credit and respect to them as individuals.
There is a Great Saying:
Anyone can be an Instructor, few have the knowledge, skill and experience to be a Teacher.